The Benefits of Having a Dedicated Emergency Breakdown Service Plan for Your Truck Fleet
Running a truck fleet can be complex and demanding, with many variables to consider to keep your vehicles on the road and your business operating smoothly. One key aspect to consider is the issue of breakdowns, which can be costly and disruptive to your operation. A dedicated emergency breakdown service plan can provide numerous benefits to help mitigate the risks and costs associated with truck fleet breakdowns.
First and foremost, an emergency breakdown service plan can provide peace of mind, knowing that you have a reliable resource to turn to during a breakdown. This can be especially valuable for truck fleets that operate in remote or less-accessible areas, where finding help may be more challenging.
In addition to the added convenience, an emergency breakdown service plan can also help reduce the breakdown cost. By providing rapid response times and access to a network of professionals and repair facilities, a roadside assistance provider can help get your trucks back on the road quickly, minimizing downtime and lost revenue.
Cost-saving advantages of emergency breakdown services:
1. Quick response times, reducing emergency downtimes and business interruption costs.
2. Access to a network of qualified technicians for emergency repairs.
3. Reduced emergency repair costs due to access to discounts from parts suppliers.
4. More efficient emergency repair processes due to recognized emergency service providers with established procedures and industry relationships.
5. Improved emergency breakdown tracking and reporting to help identify trends and reduce future emergency repair costs.
6. Reduced emergency recovery costs due to access to tow trucks and other specialized emergency services providers.
7. Increased safety for emergency breakdowns due to emergency roadside assistance.
8. Protection from liability risks associated with emergency breakdowns through access to qualified emergency technicians and specialized emergency services providers.
Another benefit of an emergency breakdown service plan is its added safety. In the event of a breakdown, a dedicated provider can help to ensure that your drivers and vehicles are protected and can even arrange for the safe transport of your drivers if necessary.
The most common reasons for road-side assistance:
1. Battery Jump-Start
2. Lockouts & Lost Keys
3. Tire Change/Repair
4. Fuel Delivery
5. Dead Batteries
6. Flatbed Towing
7. Emergency Roadside Repairs
8. Mobile Mechanic Services
9. Overheating Engines
Ten most common reasons a transport truck breaks down:
1. Low tire pressure or worn tires (Tire blow-outs)
2. Overheating engine
3. Clogged fuel filters
4. Faulty electrical system
5. Defective brakes and brake pads
6. Poorly maintained air filters
7. Driveline issues such as a broken axle
8. Excessive oil consumption
9. Broken springs, shocks or struts
10. Leaking fluids, such as oil and coolant.
Emergency breakdown services can provide peace of mind for truck fleets, quick response times, access to a network of qualified technicians, and emergency repair cost savings. These services also help increase safety during emergency breakdowns, improve customer service and satisfaction, and protect from liability risks related to emergency breakdowns. Common emergency roadside assistance needs include battery jump-starts, lockouts & lost keys, tire changes/repairs, fuel delivery and dead batteries;. In contrast, some of the most common causes of transport truck breakdowns are low tire pressure or worn tires, overheating engines and clogged fuel filters. An emergency breakdown service plan is essential for mitigating risks and costs associated with emergency breakdowns.